2015 English Country|
Bampton, Oxfordshire, 26th - 28th June 2015
We are very pleased to announce that the location for the English Country Music Weekend, June 26th to June 28th 2015, is the village of Bampton in Oxfordshire. With wonderful support and lobbying from Craig Godwin (Squire, Bampton Traditional Morris Men) and Mat Green (Squire, Bampton Morris Men) we have booked Bampton recreation ground and Pavilion, for camping and a base camp session space. We also have the support of the four pubs in the village, all of which are keen to host music sessions over the weekend.
We hope to use Oxfordshire musicians and folklorists where appropriate for talks and running sessions, and you can expect a good look at the Cotswold Morris tradition. The programme, booking process, and everything else you will ever want to know, will be posted online when it is ready.
We have pre-booked rooms in the village in preparation for guests of the weekend. We should have sorted this out by the end of November when we will release spare rooms. At this point we will notify everyone via facebook and mustrad that rooms may be booked direct with hotels and B&Bs. We will also advise on accommodation options generally at that time. The campsite is more than adequate for our tent, campervan, and caravan needs.
Tickets for ECMW 2015 are likely to be on sale in early 2015, and not before end Jan 2015; again this will be notified on mustrad, email list, and facebook.
The Management: Nina Hansell, Jeremy Tozer, John Shorter, Gareth Kiddier.
If you want to know about ECMW, do one of these things:
1. Join the Facebook group (ECMW) for all updates. It is a closed group, for your protection, and you will need to apply to join.
2. Look for updates on the ECMW page on Rod Stradling's Musical Traditions (this) website.
3. Send an email to the new address for ECMW: ECMW15@gmail.com to be added to the new address list.
For those of you not wishing to camp at ECMW in Bampton next year, here is a list of local B&B accommodation that still has some availability and is bookable from today. (Correct at going to press on 26.11.14.)
This list is non-exhaustive and suggestions are based on proximity to the village; it is not endorsed (or tested!) by The Management Team.
- The Romany Inn, Bampton – 01993 850237
- The Talbot Hotel, Bampton – 01993 850326
- The Vines, Alvescot, OX18 2PF (2.6 miles)
- The Swan Hotel, Radcot-on-Thames, OX18 2SX (2.8 miles)
- Witney Four Pillars Hotel, OX28 4EX (4.3 miles)
- Premier Inn Witney, OX28 4JF (4.7 miles)
Site designed and maintained by Musical Traditions Web Services Updated: 26.2.15