2013 English Country|
Winster, Derbyshire, 28th - 30th June 2013
After 30 something years, our beloved annual celebration of English Country Music returns to Winster!
The weekend will be based in and around The Miners’ Standard pub and marquee with other local session venues. As well as the usual sessions there will be a variety of Talks, interviews, presentations and host/panel-led discussions.
Invited guests to include:
- Greg Stevens (Boat Band) – Short talk and open discussion (Apple-cart Debate)
- Johnny Adams, Chris Partington and the Boat Band - North West traditions
- Professor Ian Russell – Winster Morris Dancers History
- Anthony Robb/Pauline Cato – North East traditions
- Sarah Matthews/Fi Fraser and the Old Fashioned – Derbyshire history & traditions etc;
- Tony Weatherall and Neil Brookes – Cheshire/Shropshire/Staffordshire collections
Experimentally, Song Leaders and Music Leaders will work together to provide a balance in planned sessions rather than separating the music from the song. The bias will be toward tunes – this should make for more songs than usual without undermining the long established dance tune session premise.
Saturday night Ceilidh with volunteers (limited) from the musicians attending the weekend and led by The New Band Anglo, Caller – Dave Hunt
Sunday Morning ‘Desert Island Discs’ with John Tams, hosted by Barry Coope.
There will be a visit from the Winster Morris Dancers at some point over the weekend, times to be confirmed.
For information please contact Keith Kendrick on 01335 345675
For tickets and booking information Mo Bradshaw on 01332 601653 email: email@example.com, or join our facebook page
Downloadable Booking Form
For accommodation and other information please go to: www.winster.org
Site designed and maintained by Musical Traditions Web Services Updated: 12.3.13